B.A. Blackwell & Associates Ltd. provide forest engineering services with a professional emphasis on stewardship and sustainable forest practices.
OUR EXPERTISE INCLUDES
Forest Road and Cutblock Design
- We design and lay out roads and cutblocks to meet the challenges of difficult terrain, visually sensitive areas, and sensitive forest types, while protecting non-timber values
- Experience with layout for clearcut and partial cut silviculture systems using cable, aerial and ground-based logging systems
- Road rehabilitation and deactivation
Logging and Falling Supervision
- We ensure compliance with client SOPs, logging plans and silviculture prescriptions
Long Range Plans
- Specialization in liaison work with various resource agencies, First Nations and the public to compile all required information to facilitate total resource and landscape unit planning
Forest Stewardship Plans
- Experience with preparation and submission, public advertising, First Nations consultation, resource agency referrals and government approval
Permit and Lease Applications
- Experience preparing and submitting applications for cutting permits, burning permits, special use permits and road permits
Visual Quality Analysis
- Conduct operational planning, harvesting and road compliance audits in addition to evaluations of client SOPs and forest stewardship plans approved under the Forest and Range Practices Act
- Provide all planning and field timber cruising services for various clients on the coast and interior including industrial forestry, mining and research projects
- Provide services to support the sale and/or transfer of both public and private forest land, and license or tenure risk assessments.
- Experience with development of financial analysis tools to assess both second growth and old growth forests in the valuation of forestland assets.